Saturday, December 10, 2005

Storybook I: Lola's Revenge, Part 8

Continued from here.

hesitated. “What is it?” Lola demanded.

“’La, aren’t you a bit… old na po for this dating game?”

“What? Aba, kapalmuks ka! Who says I’m old?” the old, old lady said.

“Northeast Sky told me you’re way past 80, Lola. I'm just worried you'll get hurt.”

“And who is this Northeast Sky?”

“She’s my American Indian friend who lives two streets away. Daughter of Manang Littlefeather and Manong Dances with Wolves.”

“Oh, that Northeast Sky. Hmph! Don’t you pay her any mind, young boy. She’s got a wild imagination. Just likes to make up stories.”

“So you’re not way past eighty, then, Lola?”

“What if I am? Can't I try to find happiness?” Lola gritted her false teeth. “See, Juan, our handsome dapper neighbor is my pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.”

Juan cringed at the cliché, but managed to ask, “You in love with him, Lola?”

“Sssshhh! Dapper neighbor,” Lola whispered, raising a finger to her lips, “hunts treasures in his spare time. So yeah, I may be old, but my mind’s still sharp as a, uhmmm, a -- oh, a Japanese sword.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Mukhang dapat 'ata palitan na nyo ang pangalan ng blag niyo, hindi secondcup, Mas May topak! :)

12/10/2005 01:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pero ikaw yung may topak e :P

12/12/2005 09:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home